The family members in Texas are busy trying to conserve and renovate the ancient cemetery in Millheim Texas.
In this private cemetery are the graves of some of the early settlers including Ferdinand Engelking and Caroline Engelking (von Roeder) who created a high school on this spot which was to provide the first valedictorian to the Texas A & M. An historical marker has been approved for this site.
Here are some recent pictures – as you will see there is lots of work to be done so willing volunteers are always welcome.
List of marked graves:
- Sigismund & Anna Zimmermann Engelking (oldest son & wife of Ferd. and Lina)
- Peter and Emma Blaschke Engelking (oldest son & wife of Sigismund and Anna)
- Carl Engelking (7-month-old son of Sigismund & Anna)
- Felix Engelking (2-month-old son of Sigismund & Anna)
- Marie Engelking (8-month-old daughter of Sigismund & Anna)
- Frederick (Fritz) and Anna Trenckmann Engelking (second son and wife of Ferd.& Lina)
- Caroline (Lina) Engelking Regenbrecht & husband, William (youngest daughter of Lina and Ferdinand
- Lillie Regenbrecht (daughter of Lina and William Regenbrecht)